Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. In this digest: a.. Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Khutbah this week : The Great and Grand Gathering - Part OneMessage 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010View Source
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.
In this digest:
Last week, by the Mercy of Allaah, we discussed the great changes that this whole creation will go through. The unusual transformation and dislocation of the sun, the solar system, the earth, the mountains, the ocean all makes us humble in front our Great and Majestic Creator.
This week we will discuss the following topics:
- Quranic description of the condition of the people when they come out of the grave.
- The call of Caller of Allaah and how the creation will respond to the call
- What are the types of creation that will be gathered
- What will be the general condition of the people when they will be gathered
InshaAllaah, this series will continue for another 3-4 weeks and then we will take a break and come back to it if Allaah wills.
Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Halaqah this week : Importance of knowledge from the verses of the book of Allaah We have seen from our quick study from the introduction of Saheeh Muslim, the methodology of a true Muslim:
- He should be eager to seek his knowledge and the read the books of sunnah. In fact, this is one of the reason Imam Muslim wrote his saheeh, so that the commoners can have easy access to what is authentically reported from the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)
- A Muslim should be careful from whom he seeks knowledge because the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) predicted that there will be liars who will invent lies regarding the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).
- A Muslim should verify his information and not blindly adopt his teachers opinions.
- A Muslim should constantly search the truth.
- A Muslim should learn the severity of lying upon the Prophet as many of the Imams and duats who call to Allaah do that today!
- A Muslim should verify the Hadith and check before he implements it.
- A Muslim should a have a solid methodology through which he can distinguish who is speaking from the text and who is lying upon the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)
- Imam Muslim finally concluded that the authentic narrations are so many that there is no need to narrate weak reports and those who do that and dont clarify to the general mass the weakness of the report that they are reporting then they are committing a great betrayal since the general Muslim trust them and they are taking advantage of their trusts.
- Imam Muslim also criticizes the liars by saying they do narrated daeef narrations just to show people how much Hadith they have collected, so people will say how much they know, how many Hadith he collected! etc
It is sad, how the majority of the Muslims now-a-days would say I love Imam Muslim, I believe in Saheeh Muslim but in reality how far they are away from the true teaching of these great Imams. Dont take our words, check for yourself, the book is translated fully by Dar-us-salaam and is online for all Arabic and English readers. Learn, so you are not treated as sheep and goats by those who want to control the Muslims based upon false ideologies contradicting the pure teaching of the Quran and the Sunnah.
This week, we will ponder upon some of the beautiful ayat from the book of Allaah that will teach us
- The perfect knowledge of Allaah
- The importance of knowledge
- How the Prophets and Messengers strived to seek knowledge
- How there cant be any Prophethood without knowledge
- The merits and distinguishing characteristics of the people of knowledge.
Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Sleeping like the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam Unfortunately, our children grow up under the influence of heroes that dont exist. Batman, superman, spiderman! Their books, pencils, dresses, even bag packs are full of these pictures. Children grow up thinking about the greatness of these characters that dont exist. They try to act like them, jump like them, play like them. We should focus to teach our children the stories of the true heroes. A hero, who by Allaahs Permission, went all the way above the seven heavens that no astronauts can ever make it. A hero , who by Allaahs Permission, would call a tree and the tree would come walking to him. A hero , who by Allaahs Permission, who could fashion the body of a bird and blow in it and it will fly away, a hero, who by Allaahs Permission, who could literally understand the language of the birds and control a creation made of fire! And their stories are real and true, not fake comic books.
Those are the true heroes, however, they were human being, they walked, spoke, ate and drank, slept like all of us. Lets teach our children how our Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to sleep and what a good sleep it was because it was full of remembrance of Allaah! Lets grow a generation that will eat, sleep, drink, wake up, go to potty like a great hero whom Allaah sent to be an example for all the mankind
Bring your children to our latest set of halaqas! Dont miss them!
Sundays, 10:00 12:00pm :: Generation One Weekend School :: last week of registration is this week! The first day of weekend school will be on Sunday, January 31st, 2010 Time: 10:00 am 12:00 pm
Subjects taught: Quran Memorization, Quran reading with Tajweed, Structures Islamic Studies
Fees: $50.00/per student per month
Duration: January 31st, 2010 May 9th, 2010
Special Note: We request the parents to show up on time since the class hours have been reduced significantly we dont have time to waste at all. Fees should be paid in the beginning of the month.
Tax letters have been mailed, JazaakAllaahu khairan for your donations We ask Allaah to bless all our donors and honor them in this life and hereafter for their sincere donation. And we continue to seek your halal donation for the sake of Allaah only. Urgent and Important: Policy with regards to abandoned property in the Masjid Premises (luggage, clothes, car etc ) We humbly request the brothers and sisters not to leave any of their personal belongings (luggage, bags, laptop etc...) in the masjid. The Masjid administration has the authority to dispose any of these materials if found in the property.
Similarly, we request you not to park your vehicles overnight in the masjid parking lot. Violators will be towed at their own expense.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
1701 W. Ben White Blvd Bldg 3
Austin, TX 78704
512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924) | admin@... | www.MasjidIbrahim.org | Directions to the Masjid | Make a Donation