Please help spread the word...
Title: Dean of Health and Safety Education
Salary: $77,070 to $134,080
Application Deadline Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
The Dean provides for the leadership, design, organization, delivery, supervision, assessment and fiscal management of the district programs within an instructional Learning Center . The Dean coordinates efforts of the Center's administrative, faculty and support team facilitating the goal of excellence through the instructional efforts of the Center. The position reports to the Vice President for Learner Success.
1. Master's degree (M.A., M.S., or M.Ed) from an accredited institution in a field related to the disciplines within the Learning Center .
2. Significant amount of post secondary administrative experience within instruction at the dean, associate dean, program director or comparable level including:
a. Demonstrated experience in administration with experience and expertise in disciplines or programs to be administered.
b. Experience establishing partnerships with community based organizations, foundations, and/or other outside agents
c. Experience managing professional and instructional employees in a team-based, unionized environment
d. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively on a district-wide basis.
e. Demonstrated experience with continuous quality improvement strategies
f. Demonstrated experience utilizing student development theory and practice.
3. Two years of teaching experience. The two years of teaching experience may be compiled of full-time classroom teaching, part-time classroom teaching, adjunct teaching, presentations, workforce development training and many other types of similar experience.
4. Certifiable as an instructional administrator through the Wisconsin Technical College System. (Qualifications 1-3 listed above would enable certification at this level).
Supplemental Questions (Mandatory):
1. The Dean of Heath and Safety Education provides for the leadership, design, organization, delivery, supervision, assessment and fiscal management of instructional programs within the Center. Describe how your background and experience prepared you to carry out the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
2. Describe specific strategies you have designed and/or supported to promote the success of students.
3. Provide specific examples from your past experience that illustrate your ability to think globally and use creativity and entrepreneurship skills to solve seemingly insurmountable problems.
4. Please provide specific examples from your past experiences that demonstrate your ability to grow programming and enhance quality by building strong relationships with the health care community.
Diversity Recruitment & Employment Coordinator
3550 Anderson Street
Madison, WI. 53704
Maria Guadalupe Bañuelos
Diversity and Community Relations
Associate Vice President, Learner Success
3550 Anderson St
Madison, WI 53704