Hi guys: Sorry I ve been MIA from the group. I started a new job which requires a ton of travel (I have had some good knitting time on airplanes though). I mMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005View SourceHi guys:
Sorry I've been MIA from the group. I started a new job which
requires a ton of travel (I have had some good knitting time on
airplanes though). I'm attaching a notice for an event that takes
place tomorrow in Union Square. I went last year. It's a little
chaotic but fun to see so many people enthusiastic about knitting.
I'm hoping to see you all soon.
New York City, Sunday, October 2 nd
Seventh Annual Knit-Out & Crochet
Noon to 5 p.m., Union Square Park (17th Street between Broadway and
RAIN OR SHINE!
* FREE one-on-one knit and crochet lessons
* Fashion shows for people and dogs!
* "Show & Share" your favorite projects
* Yarn projects for kids
* Meet the authors and chat with editors.
* Technique and tip demos
* "Yarn Doctors" answer your crochet and knit questions
* Displays of the latest yarns, patterns, tools and accessories
* Learn about guilds, classes, clubs, and charity programs
* Beyond the Basics -- Technique tips after you have mastered the
Plus, help Warm Up America! bring a 7" by 9" crocheted or knitted
section, which will be joined with others to make a patchwork afghan
for someone in need.
Sponsored by the Craft Yarn Council of America in cooperation with the
Big Apple Knitters' Guild, the New York Chapter of the Crochet Guild,
The Knitting Guild Association, Crochet Guild of America and The
National Needlework Association.
For more information e-mail: info@...