The 10 Rules of Email
1. Include a clear and specific subject line.
2. Edit any quoted text down to the minimum needed.
3. Read Your own message twice before you send it.
4. Ponder how the recipient might react to the message.
5. Check your spelling and grammar.
6. DO NOT curse, flame, spam or USE ALL CAPS.
7. Do not forward any chain letter.
8. Do not use e-mail for any illegal or unethical purpose.
9. Do not rely on the privacy of e-mail, especially from work.
10. When in doubt, save the message overnight and reread it the next day.
And, here's the "Golden Rule" of E-Mail:
That which you find hateful to receive, don't send to others.