Its not worth it, I had an American made Roland ready which I ditched because it was overpriced for performance, I still have the MIM Roland ready which except for the 21 fret neck versus 22 for the American, is almost identical as far as sound. If your a synth afficondo, forget the magnetic pickups, go for the Godin Freeway SA, its much better made than the American Strat and less expensive. The Piezo ghost pickups track fast and have almost no ghost notes, or move up to the xtsa, about $900, which is so much more versatile or lgxt with the RMA pickups which I find track a tad better than the ghost system. Also Brian Moore .13 series have the RMA, but the workmanship isnt as nice as the Godins. Of all the 13 Pin guitars I have ranking in quality, performance and price value its #1 Godin, #2 Brian Moore, #3 Fender Roland tied with any guitar you can screw or tape the GK3 pickup to, including Ibanez's, Epiphone's, and yes I tried out taping the pickup on my 84 Jap Strat, which was better sounding than the American and the MIM built in's as far as guitar tonality. the add on GK3 tracks just as well as the built in version, its just clumsier so I took it off quick style. fyi wouldnt dare stick that glob on my Les Paul. For me, I almost exclusively bring my Godin Freeway SA to 90% of my gig's the other 10% go to the Godin XTSA or sometimes (rarely) I bust out the Brian Moore 88.13. Stopped playing with the mag pickup systems about 4 years ago, so basically they just sit around to dink with from time to time.
--- In GRemail@example.com, brke@... wrote:
> looking for an American made Roland ready Strat..anybody seen one for sale out there???
> been checking Ebay and Googling the same but can't find one....thx in advance..
> Bruce brke@...
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]