From the Bob Bedford clipping file:
July 23, 1902 - WORK SUSPENDED - It has been necessary to stop all
masonry work on the line owing to a lack of cement, and it will
probably be late in the fall before the cars are running. The Glens
Falls Company has been unable to fill its cement orders. At the big
powerhouse, the workmen are waiting for ten carloads and east of
Amsterdam, five foremen and their gangs have been laid off for a week
awaiting the cement. As far as the Amsterdam - Schenectady Division
is concerned, the management is not particularly anxious to start
cars until the double tracks are in position. Recent head-on
collisions on single track roads have a tendency to make the Company
prefer to wait a few weeks for the rails for the second track to
avoid the possibility of a bad accident.
July 24, 1902 - Car No. 30, another of the large open cars purchased
for the Gloversville - Amsterdam line, was run out of the FJ&G car
shops yesterday and will be placed in service on the local lines
until the new road is opened. It is equipped the same as No. 31,
which was recently placed in service.
July 26, 1902 - A day and night force are engaged in pushing the work
of concreting the foundation for the large engine and boiler in the
new FJ&G powerhouse at Tribes Hill.
July 30, 1902 - The electric railroad between Amsterdam and Hagaman,
an extension of the Amsterdam Street Railway, a distance of four
miles, has been opened and cars were run over the line for the first