**Tested and approved by Head Office**
RIGATONI WITH VE PESTO FLAVORED TOMATO SAUCE
1 - 28 oz (796ml) can crushed tomatoes
1 - 28 oz (796ml) can diced tomatoes
pinch of brown sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) VE Pesto (recipe on label)
VE Sea Salt and VE Pepper (or VE Chili Flakes) to taste
1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1 lb (500gr) rigatoni (or any other bite sized pasta)
Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
1. Cook pasta in 6 quarts (1.5L) boiling salted water.
2. In large saucepan, combine tomatoes, sugar, VE Pesto.
3. Simmer sauce for 20 minutes while pasta is cooking. Season to taste
with VE Sea Salt and VE Pepper/
4. Add olive oil for extra richness if desired.
5. Combine sauce and pasta in large serving bowl. Serve with freshly
grated Parmesan cheese. Round out your meal with a uick green salad and
a loaf of crusty bread.
SERVING NOTES: Additions to this simple pasta can be pitted olives,
cooked and sliced spicy Italian sausage,
capers, canned artichokes, or roasted peppers.