Each year the SCBWI sponsors two student writer scholarships to the Summer and Winter Conferences for full-time university students in an English or CreativeMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 30View SourceEach year the SCBWI sponsors two student writer scholarships to the Summer and Winter Conferences for full-time university students in an English or Creative Writing program.
Deadline: Summer Conference in Los Angeles,
Winter Conference in New York
1. You must be at least eighteen years old to apply.
2. All full-time students enrolled in an accredited educational institution are eligible to apply.
3. Applicants are required to submit:
· A short cover letter stating why you want to attend the conference and a synopsis of your work.
· A five-page sample of a manuscript
· A copy of your student ID
· A letter of recommendation sent directly from a professor at your university.
4. Applications MUST BE electronically submitted as ONE PDF to
kayla.heinen@.... Letters of recommendation can be sent separately as a Word document.
5. Applicants cannot have published a novel or have received this scholarship before.
6. Two scholarships will be awarded for both the LA Summer Conference and New York Winter Conference.
Scholarship winners receive:
· Admission to all conference events including keynotes and breakout sessions. (Award does not include travel and hotel expenses.)
· LA Summer Conference: An individual manuscript consultation of the first twenty pages of your manuscript with an industry professional and entrance to the Writers’ Intensive.
· New York Winter Conference: Entrance to the Writers’ Roundtables, a roundtable-style manuscript critique of the first five hundred words of your manuscript with literary agents and editors.
· Exclusive exposure to industry professionals at the conference.
· An SCBWI Conference advisor to help navigate the jammed-packed weekend.
8. In the event that a recipient cannot attend for any reason, the grant committee should be notified as soon as possible. The scholarship may, in that event, be awarded to another applicant. The grant is not transferrable and cannot be postponed.
9. Applications will be judged by a panel decided by SCBWI. SCBWI reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
Questions? Contact the Grant Coordinator, Kayla Heinen: kayla.heinen@...