Geneva College invites applications for an English/Writing faculty member. The current position is a one-year term contract position in the Department of English, Professional Writing Program, with an emphasis on informational and creative writing and is contingent on budgetary approval. Publication experience and either M.F.A. or Ph.D. required. Appointment begins August 2013 (and, subject to funding and approval, the position might include renewal and possible movement to tenure-track). Minority and female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will teach the equivalent of a full-time (8 courses) load per year. Course assignments include Editing, Feature Writing, News Writing, Creative Writing (fiction and/or poetry), Advanced Topics in Writing, Freshman composition, and student publications.
Selected candidates will be expected to:
Teach assigned courses
Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons (Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course)
Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
Suitably challenge, engage serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
Respond to student questions on a timely basis
Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus
Members of the Faculty must be a thoughtful and articulate Christian and an active member of a Protestant evangelical church. Preference will be given to candidates who support and have an articulate understanding of the Reformed faith. The individual must understand and support the College's "Foundational Concepts of Christian Education" by expressing an evangelical Christian profession of faith and demonstrate the ability to integrate a Christian perspective in their work.
Education and Experience
M.F.A. or Ph.D. required and experience in editing and/or professional publication.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send the following materials for priority consideration by May 24, 2013:
1. A focused letter with addresses the candidate's interest in this position and the specific qualifications related to this position, especially the candidate's fitness for teaching and integrating faith in the classroom;
2. A statement of faith (e.g. "This is what I believe") (1 page limit);
3. A statement of your faith journey and church involvement (1 page limit);
4. A statement which describes the integration of your field and Christian faith in light of the Foundational concepts of Christian Education (available at www.geneva.edu/page/employment);
5. A curriculum vitae;
6. Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts;
7. Three letters of reference;
8. A completed faculty employment application (available at www.geneva.edu/page/employment)
Apply for this Position through My HigherEdJobs
Postal Address: Andrea Kamicker
3200 College Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Online App. Form: http://www.geneva.edu/page/employment
Email Address: amkamickATgenevaDOTedu