SHELTERING PINES PRESS
FIFTH ANNUAL CHAPBOOK COMPETITION, 2009
Submissions are now open:
First Prize: $100 and fifty copies of your chapbook
Entry Fee is $15 per Chapbook
Deadline: Postmark October 15, 2009.
1. Submit between 10-24 pages of poetry.(One page = maximum 38 lines, including
spacing between lines). (Manuscripts either too short or too long
will be disqualified.)
2. All contestants receive copy of winning chapbook.
3. No names are to appear on poems.
4. Send two cover pages:
A. One cover page (and acknowledgement page if you wish to send one)
should contain title of manuscript, name, address, phone and e-mail.
B. Second cover page should list TITLE ONLY.
5. Manuscripts should be paginated and secured with a binder clip.
6. Poems may have been previously published in journals, which should be credited
on a separate, removable page.
7. Manuscript, as a whole, must be previously UNpublished.
8. #10 SASE for results only.
9. No manuscripts will be returned.
10. If your manuscript is being simultaneously submitted to other competitions, please notify us if accepted elsewhere. Your ms. can be pulled but unfortunately your entry fee cannot be refunded.
GUIDELINES: & GENERAL INFORMATION:
· Initial and final judging will be "blind."
· Identifying cover sheet and acknowledgement page
will be removed
to any of the judges. Previously published poems
should be credited.
· You may choose to list the TITLE ONLY of the chapbook on all pages of your submission.
· You may submit a Table of Contents. No name on this page.
· We request a binder clip for ease of separation.
No staples or plastic covers please.
· Be sure to keep your address current until after publication so you can be
notified or receive a copy of the winning chapbook.
· Winner notified by December 15, 2009.
· Results including winner and top five finalists listed on web site by December 15th.
· We will consult with winner before publication about details of publication.
· Chapbook will be 5 1/2 x 8", professionally printed and saddled-stitched.
Publication in Winter 2009
by Sheltering Pines Press
Mail entries, with entry fee of $15 (check or money order please) to: Sheltering Pines Press
4th Annual Chapbook Competition
P.O. Box 1344
Kennebunk, ME 04043
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]