Hello all. I've just joined the list, and am happy to be contributing to
the world of fanfic :) Here's my info, for whatever it's worth:
Name or Alias: Kirk Koll
Fav shows/movies: Star Trek! (See my preferences on Beta Reading, though...)
Fav writers of fanfiction: Jenn, Minotaur
Fav actors and actresses: Russell Crowe, Dean Cain, Colin Farrell, Patrick
Stewart, Tom Welling, Jennifer Aniston (*gasp* I know!), Gwyneth Paltrow,
Cate Blanchett, Kevin Spacey
Do you write fanfiction?: Starting to.
Do you beta-read: Yes
Education: Currently in the final year of completing my Bachelor's Degree
w/an English Lit. major.
Other Qualifications: Been in text-based online RPGs for 10+ years now.
(Yes, I started way back in AOL 1.0 days!)
Preference on Beta Reading:
- Star Trek: What I'll be best at.
- Superman: I'm a huge fan. I haven't seen much of Smallville, but I've
read plenty of the slash. I will be more than happy to research the canon
if necessary for other parts of the mythos.
- Gladiator: This slash doesn't seem too popular lately, but I'll read it
- X-Men: Movieverse preferred, though I can beta comicverse stuff for
- Star Wars: Can do!
G through NC-17 is fine for any of these genres, but please: male slash
Content editing (pacing, flow, plot, dialogue, characterisation) is
probably what I'd consider my "specialty."
If you would like me to Beta Read, please know the following:
1. I'm a busy guy. Send me your stuff, and I'll read and critique if I
can. If I can't, I'll get back to you ASAP with a message that I'm
2. I will follow the guidelines of good critiquing, mostly summed up here:
. You must understand how to
accept constructive criticism, though.
3. Don't be afraid to put your stuff out there! Practice makes perfect, as
they say, and you'll never become a better writer unless you let your
brain-children out to play in the sun.
My pleasure to be a part of the group. Hope to see some good fic soon!
Kirk S. Koll
"Examine what is said,
not him who speaks."
-- Arab Proverb