Now I feel silly, Didn t realize that was all list posts... I bow out, with egg on my face, A. Adelbrecht ... From: Gregory (Ash) Miller To:Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009View SourceNow I feel silly, Didn't realize that was all list posts...I bow out, with egg on my face,A. Adelbrecht----- Original Message -----From: Gregory (Ash) MillerSent: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:58 PMSubject: Re: [Ayreton] Introductions and InterestIt is quite alright my lord,I had presumed so when I recieved the message.In Service,A. Adelbrecht----- Original Message -----From: Thomas HughesSent: Monday, September 14, 2009 5:54 PMSubject: RE: [Ayreton] Introductions and Interest
Sorry, I replied to the wrong email.
I just finished updating the MK database.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
From: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com [mailto:Ayreton@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Gregory (Ash) Miller
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:30 PM
To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
Subject: [Ayreton] Introductions and Interest
I am Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen, AoA, APF, known in this common era as Ashton G.A. Schoeffler-Miller or just Ash.
I have been participating in the SCA for a little over 14 years now. I recently took a short break from the Society to put my life in order (Im sure many of you can relate to this) and I moved to Chicago during that time (Dec. 2008). I am begining to sort through my Garb and my gear and am looking forward to becoming involved again.
A few things you may wish to know about me (Or not, freedom of choice):
- I am 31, almost 32 and I have been in the Society for over 14 years. So I am not a newbie.
- I am however new to the local SCA community and while I have played here, I have never been involved in the local politics, nor do I particularly wish to enter in to the politics of the Area.
- While I hold a special place in my heart for the Midrealm (My first Kingdom and current place of residence) I am not a member of the Kingdom Populace. Rather, I am by declaration a citizen of Calontir. Though I may or may not yet be on the Citizenship Treaty, I have requested my name be added to that list.
- I do know some of you, by face if not by name, and I have had some wonderful times with many of you.
- I do not know everything, Yes, I am still able to admit that I have much to learn in life, both in the SCA and outside.
- I am not a fighter (YET) but I do believe that with the numerous fighter practices held in the area, that I have little excuse to not fight anymore, save my lack of armor. (More on this later)
- I do own a long bow and arrows... So I do intend to become involved in the Archery locally, though I have no real experience.
- I have served in Office for past groups that I have belonged to, I have been Minister of Dance, MoAS, MoC (briefly), and even a brief stint as Deputy Senschal. Again, I have no interest in pursuing these areas again at this time and would ask that I be allowed to involve myself where I see fit and not "encouraged" to become involved in anything.
- I have lived in the Midrealm and East Kingdom and I am currently coupled with a part time player from Calontir (Though this has nothing to do with my Citizenship status).
- I have held my own household in the past, and as a matter of fact still do. Though it is significantly smaller these days and not at all active. It is my intention that as I become more active, my household 'Haus Adelbrecht' will shake off the dust as it were and become more active with me.
- I have been both praised and condemned by persons in the Society, we are after all still human, I have done things in the past that I am not proud of (often ignorance or youthful indiscretion were involved), but I will not discuss these things any further. I will offer appologies to anyone who warrants one, I have otherwise moved on. If you have heard anything about me, good or bad, I only ask that you allow my actions to speak for themselves and give me the same courtesy you would ask for when entering into a new group.
I thank you for your time in reading that and hope that your not completely exhausted already.
Finally, I would like to inquire, if there are any recommendations from anyone in the Incipient Barony who might have recommendations regarding a source for an Aventail... No, I will admit that I don't have the helm to attach it too just yet, but I would like to begin to price out the componants for my full armor. I have already begun, but the aventail seems to be the hardest thing to price/find online. Too few specs on the pieces that I can find and not enough reasonable prices at that. Sure, the 100 dollar aventail looks good, but is it made from steal or Aluminum? And yes the 50 dollar one looks perfect in price, but what are its dimensions? I don't need Riveted, just butted rings would be fine. Also, I want something that will offer an great drape on the shoulders, front and back. Anyone who makes these pieces or can refer me to someone who does, I would be most appreciative.
Thank you again for your time, I look forward to re-aquainting myself with familiar faces and with new faces alike.
In Service to the Dream,
Herr Alexander Adelbrecht von Markelingen, AoA, APF
Lord of Haus Adelbrecht
MKA: Ashton G.A. Schoeffler-Miller, aka: Ash