Sorry for the long time without news... Many things to do and few time
to give to autorealm.
I would like to have good news for you after those three weeks, but I
am facing a problem, and I would like some verifications under windows
Here are explanations:
I have made the big lines of the plug-in architecture, and have wrote a
plug-in to test it. The plug-in currently does nothing, except adding an
option in menus and an item in a toolbar. If toolbar and menu does not
exists, it creates them.
This functionality, when I see the big number of toolbar items of
autorealm, will really allow me to gain many time, because debugging
will be easier, and I will not need to recompile the whole thing each
time. More, it will be easier for people to contribute their own
plug-ins (and they will not have to learn to use wxWidgets). So, it will
save a big amount of time.
The problem is that the plug-in framework I used to avoid having to
implement loading of plug-ins have a problem, at least on Linux, my OS.
I tried the example workspace on an old windows XP SP3 and it seem to
work perfectly, so I think (and hope) the problem is just a Linux one.
So, if someone can build the AutoRealm I am making and try to run it
under windows (more recent than XP, if possible, to be sure there are no
other problems), it could greatly help me. The fact is that anyway, such
king of help will be important in future, as I can only quickly build
and run a windows software at work.
If someone is interested, here are things needed:
_ wxWidgets 2.9 compiled with STL support (2.8 should work too, because
actually there are no dynamic event handling, but in future I will use
_ pluma framework (it can be find on sourceforge)
_ codeblocks (to build)
If someone can write makefiles or create VS project, I would be happy
to add such files to the project, too.
When I will be sure that the GUI plug-in system is ok, I will be able
to write things to make it interact with the autorealm workspace itself,
and work will be almost done for all engines.
It means that next goals will simply be to add basic tools, like
loading/saving .aur and .aurx files (thanks to a.trettin@...
be probably be really fast), basic drawings and basic moves.
I hope to be able to have something usable less than a month after
having plug-in system work. And, I think when those features will be ok,
I will start to create public alpha releases. The work should go really
PS: as some people already discussed with me via private mails, I would
like to take advantage of this mail to signal that my mail have changed.