Fair Oaks Farm s Pig Adventure Glorifies Factory Farming [In Defense of Animals] Fair Oaks Farms in Fair Oaks, Indiana, is the largest agritourism facilityMessage 1 of 1 , Aug 22View Source
Fair Oaks Farm's Pig Adventure Glorifies Factory Farming
Fair Oaks Farms in Fair Oaks, Indiana, is the largest agritourism facility in the United States. They are attempting to make the horrors of factory farming "fun" for the whole family. The Pig Adventure tour begins with pregnant or soon-to-be-pregnant sows being fed by machine, then moves to the birthing barn, where sows in gestation crates are either in labor or have recently given birth.
There are 2,750 pigs at any given time at Pig Adventure, with as many as 250 piglets born every day. That's about 80,000 pigs every year sold to farmers in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.
These horrors of factory farming should not be celebrated, they should be condemned.
- Extreme confinement in gestation crates
- Repeated artificial insemination of sows, forcing them into a continuous cycle of pregnancies
- Babies taken away from their mothers after an extremely short period of nursing
- Castration and teeth-cutting of piglets with no pain killers, routine practice in pig farming hidden from public view
- The actual slaughter of pigs - electrocution to render them unconscious, hanging them upside down and slashing their throats, which also remains hidden from public view
Fair Oaks Farms began its sadistic twist on "family fun" with Dairy Adventure and plans to add more "attractions" within the next ten years including more cows, chickens, and fish. Please take a moment to post a message on Fair Oaks Farms' Facebook page . Animals are not objects. They are sentient beings capable of feeling fear, sadness, and pain. Their lives and deaths do not constitute an "amusement park."
PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY
Source: In Defense of Animals