We just released build 31 of AQ 12.1.
There are essentially 3 major adjustments and several minor:
1) We have introduced new color schemes called 'Skins' that we think
will make AQ more visually appealing to work with. You don't have to use
a new skin -- you can continue to use your current color scheme.
2) Over the last couple of builds, we have been working with improving
the handling of fonts on the Pedigree and Family views. While these
worked fine on most screens, some of the high def screens (wide screens)
and large font settings did not look as expected in the past. I think
we've addressed most issues with fonts in this new build. If you have
trouble with the text being the size you expect on the Family or
Pedigree view, go to the 'Tools' menu, then to the Fonts tab and adjust
the size of the fonts. You might also try setting the check mark to keep
the fonts proportional if you regularly resize your AQ window.
3) FamilySearch made a change a little over a week ago that broke AQ's
ability to read notes and sources from the New FamilySearch database.
This build includes an emergency patch to allow AQ to read notes and
sources from New FamilySearch again.
To get this new build, simply start AQ and follow the links on the
Newsline page to download it.
Below is the complete list of adjustments for build 31.
** General Enhancements **
* Skins/Color Themes: You will now have a choice of keeping your current
color scheme for the Pedigree and Family View, or of choosing from
several predefined color schemes called 'Skins'.
* Gender Icons: On the Family view, you can choose to show gender icons
for each person shown. If you don't show the gender icons, you will see
'M' or 'F' gender indicators next to each child.
* Text on Pedigree/Family Views: Additional refinements were made. If
you want to adjust the text size, go to Preferences in the 'Tools' menu.
(You can use the "Default" button to set the font to the new default.)
On the Family View, if you make AQ's window narrower, the fonts will
become proportionately smaller
In the 'Fonts' tab of the 'Preferences' screen, there is a checkbox for
'Keep Pedigree and Family View fonts proportional to screen.' Take the
time to see how this option affects the text on these screens as you
adjust the size of the AQ window, so you can set it according to your
* Multiple Monitors: When certain dialog boxes were shown, and you had
more than one monitor, some of the screens often appeared on the other
monitor. AQ is monitor aware for most screens now.
* Scrapbook List Report: A new option allows you to list only scrapbook
items with broken links.
* Program Startup: When you start AQ either for the first time, or later
when it can't find a file to automatically open, you get several options
for how to begin. A new option is to start a file by importing from NFS.
* Backup File Names:In build 30, we added the ability to add date and
time to the backup file name. AQ now allows you to specify date format
as either DD MMM YYYYY or YYYY-MM-DD.
* Ancestry/Descendant Charts: On some older reports (like
Ancestry/Descendant), there was no space in place names between the
comma and next place. Adjusted most cases to have a space.
** General Bug Fixes **
* Language Modules: If you were using a non-English language, and you
downloaded a new build for which no text changes were made, AQ would
insist that you hadn't yet upgraded. Fixed.
** Bug Fixes to nFS Features **
* Reading Notes/Sources from nFS: On or about 7/2/2011, FamilySearch
changed the way they require AQ to read notes and sources. As a result,
notes and sources from nFS can no longer be read using earlier builds of
AQ. Build 31 implemented the new method of reading notes and sources
* Language Issues: If you had selected a language other than English, it
would properly show the dates from nFS on your review screens, but if
you uploaded a date to nFS from your local file, the date would be sent
to nFS in the selected language rather than in English. nFS didn't
expect this. The dates are now converted to English prior to being