Job Title: Director, Editorial Services
Company Name: Lehigh University
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States, 18015
This position will chart the vision for the editorial services function at Lehigh based on the business goals of the university and oversee editorial content in support of Lehigh's Strategic Plan.
1. Assign articles that tell the Lehigh story and promote the university's key messages.
o Manage the editorial calendar
o Develop contacts within the University Community
o Develop and maintain a reliable pool of freelance writers
2. Write articles that tell the Lehigh story in a compelling style. Serve as an example for other writers contributing to university publications.
o Generate story ideas that support and promote the university's key messages
o Conduct interviews and do necessary research
3. Edit articles for university magazine, web site, and newsletters. Provide editing expertise for other communications and publications, including messages from university leadership and materials for recruitment.
o Work with writers, staff and freelance, to raise the standard for quality writing in university publications
4. Work collaboratively with design and internet services to create dynamic designs that present editorial material in most reader-friendly manner possible.
o Be open to creative and innovative approaches to design for print and web
o Offer clear vision for what editorial content is intended to convey and accomplish
5. Provide strategic planning and coordination to create new ways to deliver the Lehigh story to the broadest possible audience.
o Meet regularly with colleagues, especially the president, provost, alumni association, advancement, internet services, and design
o Keep current with the latest in information trends, with an eye toward how new products might benefit Lehigh
o Seek creative solutions to reaching new audiences, taking advantage of the latest technologies and approaches
o Create well-thought-out plans that chart a clear course for how new products can enhance University Relations' mission
6. Manage the Lehigh Alumni Bulletin initiative, with responsibilities for budgeting, advertising, voluntary subscriptions, and other business management functions.
o Create and execute detailed annual budget for magazine
o Explore and implement other potential revenue-generating streams for magazine
1. Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Eight or more years related work experience
3. Ability to complete projects on time and on budget, and report on status and progress
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
5. Excellent writing ability and organizational skills
6. Solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work independently
7. Solid presentation skills
8. Supervisory experience preferred
9. Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
10. Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
1. Required to be on call
2. Occasional evening, holiday or weekend work required
3. Occasional travel
Apply Here: http://www.apply-for-job.net/c/jobclick.cfm?site=12245&job=12390839