Team USA knitalong for ALL knit events.
Inspired by the Yarn Harlot's
vision of the Knitting Olympics, consider this group the knitter's version of the United States Olympic Training Center.
As a state of the art training facility, we will encourage & support all knitters preparing for the Summer 2008 Olympics in Bejing
, and provide unique training challenges - open to suggestions from the group.
**below, stolen from the Harlot's Knitting Olympic site**
The 2008 Knitting Olympics
Eligibility: Any knitter who, embracing the "Citius, Alitius Fortius" ideal, would like to challenge themselves while embracing the Olympic spirit, and is just whacked enough to play along.
Concept: You must cast on a project during the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics- and finish before the Olympic flame goes out.
1. The project must be a challenge for you to complete in 16 days.
2. There are no rules about what a challenge would be. Like the real Olympics, there are many events to compete in.
3. While this is intended to be somewhat difficult (like the Olympics) it is not intended to ruin your life. Don't set yourself up for failure. (Olympic athletes may cry, but they do not whine pitifully, sob and threaten members of their family with pointed sticks because they haven't slept in five days. ) This is intended to (like the Olympics) require some measure of sacrifice, and be difficult, but it should be possible to attain - choose your best event.
4. No casting on before the flame is lit.
5. Finish before the flame goes out - (must be blocked with ends woven in.)
6. You may swatch before the games. (This is training.)