A discussion group on writing/SF&F for members of the Online Writing Workshop for Science Fiction & Fantasy (sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com). This list is passively moderated; off-topic posts are not allowed.
Rules of the group:
1) Be respectful of your fellow list members.
2) Argue the idea, not the speaker.
3) Keep (at least mostly!) to the topic and purpose of the list -- that is, writing.
4) When posting, try to add something to the group's collective knowledge, inspiration, and/or sense of community.
5) Deal with problems and concerns either with courtesy, offlist, or by bringing them to the attention of the moderator. Do not flame. Finishing it is just as bad as starting it.
They're rather wide-ranging rules: there's a lot of things that aren't respectful of other list members, such as disparaging their beliefs (be that personal, political, religious, whatever) or calling them rude names, hitting them with snarky backhanded comments, and so forth. Just as there are lots of things that are valuable discussions for writers and do tie back in eventually, or move your brain in a different way to something useful for one's writing.
If the content of a post violates one of these rules, that's when the moderator has to step in. This might take the form of a request to cool down, a privately sent note, a public note, or moderation for a set period of time -- depending on the severity of what's gone on.
As always, any questions about the rules happily answered at firstname.lastname@example.org