We are a Neighborhood Watch group serving the Northfield subdivision in Austin, TX. The neighborhood boundaries are: 51st St., Lamar Blvd., Airport Blvd., and Koenig Ln. Anyone living in the Northfield neighborhood is welcome to join this group.
Our mission is to make Northfield a safer place to live by fostering a greater sense of awareness and community among our neighbors, informing residents of crime prevention tips and alerts, installing Watch street signs as needed, and increasing the number of patrols by APD officers.
CRIME PREVENTION TIPS
* Install heavy-duty strike plates with deadbolt locks on your doors, using at least 3" long screws; this helps prevent door kick-ins, a common way for burglars to gain entry.
* Install outdoor motion detector lights.
* Call 911 when anything suspicious occurs, even if it isn't an emergency.
* Ask a neighbor or friend to leave an extra vehicle in your driveway when you are out of town.
* Leave a radio or TV on so it sounds like someone is home.
* Cover windows when you aren't home.
* Place security decals on your windows.
* Don't leave valuables visible in your car.
* Call 311 to report graffiti and the City of Austin will send out a cleanup crew.
OUR APD CONTACT
Austin Police Department Officer Kelly Lahood is our neighborhood's District Representative. She can be reached at (512) 974-5833 or Kelly.Lahood@ci.austin.tx.us.
Over 40 Northfield residents have volunteered their time as Block Captains. To see their contact information, click Database on the left side of this page.
Zone 1 (Zone Captains - Jody Horton - email@example.com & Scott Johnson -389-2250)
Boundaries - Ave F, Lamar, Koenig, North Loop
Zone 2 (Zone Captain - TBA)
Boundaries - Ave F, Airport, 53rd/North Loop, 51st
Zone 3 (Zone Captain - Michael Tirres - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boundaries - Ave F, Lamar, North Loop, 51st