The Mania-Mangaka ML is a forum for the discussion of "mania-oriented" mangaka and doujinshika of Japan and their works, both professional and amateur. Treatment of the "mania" industry and fandom is also welcome.
These "mania-muki" artists, predominantly women, all have relatively small, albeit deeply-devoted, followings, and many treat similar themes (such as fantasy, same-gender romance, and sci-fi). Though their work may be found primarily amidst the doujinshi (independent publication, fanzine) scene, many have expanded into commercial and occasionally mainstream publications. Some of the most famous artists to have made the cross are: CLAMP, Ozaki Minami, Itsuki Natsumi, Kouga Yun, Tachibana Kaimu, Mizuki Ken, Sano Masaki/Watanabe Kyo, Kodaka Kazuma, Arina Toshimi, Ozaki Yoshimi, Minami Megumu, and Narushima Yuri. Publications such as Wings, June, and Asuka specialize in the works of the "mania-muki" artists.
1. This list is a "restricted membership" list.
2. To subscribe, prospective members must contact me, introduce themselves, and agree to the general rules of the list.
1. Please refrain from insulting anyone for their beliefs, tastes, or convictions.
2. Discussion on this list may include subject matter that is not appropriate for young children. I ask for your discretion.
3. Absolutely NO content may be pilfered from the list, list archives, or files section without the prior permission of the poster in question.
4. Attachments are allowed, but, please, limit them to such things as picture and text files. If images have spoiler or yaoi content, give fair warning.
5. On-topic fanfiction is welcome but should be attached, not in the body of the email posts, themselves.
6. Please do not advertise sales or auctions on this list without my prior permission.
-Amarythia Duuk'Tarquith, List Moderator