To all parents and educators striving to take education to the next level with the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone for teaching children.
Open to all educators.
Prerequisite: User of an iPad, iPod Touch, and/or iPhone.
Benefits to group member educators:
- Share and collaborate with others who also have an iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone
- How to effectively use it in home education and classroom
- How do we take education to the next level with apps that combine math, reading, vocabulary, and science
- Receive promo codes when available for our apps
- Leverage the cloud for teaching
- Minimize consumables through online technology
- Monitor progress online
- Kid safe multimedia access (i.e.: wikis and videos on Youtube)
No spam policy:
- We are not a buying and selling site for books, consumables, etc..
- You will, however, receive updates on our apps (free promos, new releases, updates, etc.)
iHomeEducator was founded in 2009 by a credentialed California State Board of Education teacher and parent. We currently educate one Pre-K, one in Kindergarten and one in middle school (6th grade) through a home/charter school hybrid program. Through this personal experience we strive to provide tools for not only ourselves but for all educators.
The ideas for our applications mostly come from our 6th grade Product Manager, and are molded through the parent educators of iHomeEducator. Our applications provide a means of personalized learning and collaboration (email, blogging, social networking) between students from Kindergarten through Middle School. At iHomeEducator, we believe every child can excel leveraging today's modern mobile wireless technology and participatory learning.
We strive and have carefully developed mobile applications based on California Academic Content Standards and gauged the applications to the child’s abilities and interests.