We think there are not much rules needed. We are all nice
people and we are all hitchhikers who love the freedom.
1. Always be respectful towards each other. This point should not have
to be mentioned, but flame wars all over the internet prove the
2. Everybody started one day, so be nice to newbies.
3. Do not quote more than you write. If someone does, remember point 1.
4. The official language in this mailing list is english. If you do not
speak english then get a dictionary. :-)
5. No commercial advertising please. If you have a real great site, just place it in the
6. This list is open to all hitchhiking-related topics. Its main goal is
to be a human database. Powerful, dynamic, wide-ranged. If you have
hitchhiking experience or want to get it, this is your place. Best
information always comes from someone who has already BEEN THERE. Just
you. Of course there are already nice databases/boards/newsgroups on the
web, but there are more than one and I doubt, that every senior
hitchhiker goes to every place just to see if someone needs help.
On the other hand it's hard for a help-seeking person, to check all
sites, or search for the right person to email to.
group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hitching
Everything on the homepage what could be made public-accessable
(bookmarks, archives search, polls, calendar - all the essential tools)
was made public. For some yahoo-goodies (e.g. the file area) you need to
have a yahoo-ID and be signed in to take advantage of them.
Keywords: hitch-hiking, hitch-hiking, hitching, hitch-hiker, hitchhiker, hitcher, autostop, autostopas, lift, ride, ridesharing, blaffe, avtostop, trampen, tramp, HHB, HHR, IHHA, VAK, VHHC.