What are ways to give back to BNSD?
1. BNSD Community Online
- The very first step is identifying interested alumni and forming a community. Currently we are 30 members in this yahoogroup, 23 of us are on the BNSD facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7218313516
- click on "Request to Join Group" in top-right corner. 21 of us are on the BNSD group on LinkedIn - to join follow this link http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/62577/612D270B2492
2. Connection with BNSD
- Next we need to connect with the college. Members of our community should include "visit BNSD" on our agenda whenever we visit Kanpur. We can meet current students, teachers and management. Then we can report back to others - What is going on there today? What are their accomplishments? Who are the bright students, teachers and employees? What are their aspirations and challenges? For this we will need people in Kanpur who are connected with BNSD - and who can also be online in our community.
3. Credibility with BNSD
- On March 23, 2008, we completed a project of getting F-1 classroom thoroughly upgraded - from painting of the walls to repairing the furniture, doors and windows. The classroom has new fans, and 10 CFL bulbs. Dainik Jagran covered the inauguration event - http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_4291319.html
Here is a video of the room *before* this overhaul - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6JFd0WBFeY
4. Improvement Initiatives List
- We have made a good start - the future depends on the alumni community. Possible items are 1. Mentoring for students 2. Guest lectures 3. Scholarships 4. Computers / Library resources 5. Building improvements 6. Teachers' Training 7. Online presence for college ( e.g., BNSD College Web Site that allows other alumni to register).
We look forward to hearing your ideas!