Are you a beginning hand knitter and need a comfortable home where you can ask questions and get answers to your knitting dilemas? This list is dedicated to the novice knitter who wants some attention! If you feel lost and ignored on the big knitting lists, you'll find your place here!
Note: If you knit a scarf (or anything) in stockinet (knit on one side and purled on the other), it will CURL. If you do not want it to curl into a tube, you must use a non-curling stitch like garter stitch (knit every row.)
A couple of rules:
1) NO CHAT! Post content must be primarily knitting related. If you want to talk about your kids, your cats, or your illnesses, this is NOT the place. If your subject line contains OT for Off Topic, do NOT send it to this group!
2) If all you are saying is "ME too" or "Thanks for the idea" - send your post to the individual you are addressing NOT to the whole list.
3) Because many of our members are on digest (one big e-mail with all the day's posts included in it), we ask that when replying to a thread you *only* use the relevant portions and delete the rest. Also, please do not include the original message at the bottom of your posts....we know many e-mail programs do this automatically, but this feature can be turned off. Consult the "help" section of your e-mail software to walk you through how to do this.
4) No selling/swapping/trading - period. Do not send a written pattern to the list unless you created it - it is OK to send a link to someone else's pattern. No Copyright violations!
5) If you flame (send unkind email) publically or privately, you're unsubscribed. End of story.
Have you found your LYS - Local Yarn Store
- yet? Go for a visit and *feel* the difference!