The Pagan community is aging and we have no structures in place to deal with this situation. We have our elders becoming ill, needing care, needing housing, needing support or various kinds and we aren't, as a community providing it. What can we do about it? What are we willing to do about it? How can each of us help, locally, regionally and/or nationally?
If you are using "Spam Cop" or other antispam software, you may not receive yahoo group mailings. Please put each list you receive ("firstname.lastname@example.org") on your "white list" or put it in your email program's address book.
On a practical note:
While we figure out what else to do, one thing we can do is to take care of our Elders as best we can right now.
Some of the ways we can do this:
* Check in on your local Elders to see how they are feeling.
* Make sure they're invited to community events--and have a ride.
* Is their computer in working order? If not, can you fix it?
* If they don't drive any more, offer them a ride:
- doctor appointments
- help them haul things
- visits to friends
* Do they have food in the house?
- is it food they can readily prepare?
- maybe bring them a casserole, home-cooked meal, etc.
* Help with housework, laundry, etc.
* Are their bills paid?
More suggestions here:
Adopt an Elder!
NOTE: When you apply for membership, please introduce yourself. Thanks!