Ferry-Served Puget Sound Communities
We understand that each individual locality presents unique Washington State Ferries (WSF) transportation needs.
We also understand that there are "globals" that are common to all relationships between Puget Sound communities and WSF.
We seek representatives from the communities of WSF routes.
We understand that there is strength in speaking with one unified voice.
1. Washington State Ferries are Marine Highways - critical economic links of the State highway system - connecting urban east side of the Puget Sound with the Kitsap and Olympic Peninsulas and Vashon and the San Juan Islands.
2. FCP supports the process that was begun with the legislative Ferry Caucus Work Group.
3. The legislature and Governor's office should implement the recommendations from the PVA Report before considering new fare increases or reduction of service.
4. No cuts in service now.
Recommended Legislative Actions to Take:
1. Dispense with further cuts in service and take action to refurbish the system so it can efficiently meet the needs of its customers;
2. Provide a permanent source of equitable statewide funding for building vessels;
3. Start building the 144 as soon as possible in 2012 to provide a replacement or backup boat of adequate power and capacity to our aging fleet;
4. Develop a sustainable, long term budget for WSF that caps fares at reasonable rates for ferry customers and which considers the economic and social impacts.
Visit San Juan Islands Ferry Group:
Please sign the online petition: